C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 21:00:22 -0700
Well, just a quick update here.  They called today to tell me what they found out about Zachary's ultrasound of his liver today.  They said something about the fact that the upper portion of his liver is much more dense than it is supposed to be.  I asked "What does that mean?"  They just told me that the doctor will talk to me about it in detail tomorrow at our appointment.  That figures, just tell me enough to get me all worried and then leave me hanging.  Does anyone know anything about the liver and what this might mean for Zachary ?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  I am also going to ask the GI if he has any ideas of any alternate ways of getting the calories, fat, and protein down him, since he mainly only drinks soy formula now and I know he is getting to the age that he is not getting all of the nutrients that he needs from this.  He does eat a small amount, but not enough to even make a meal out of.  Thanks for all of your support it is really helpful.  I will write tomorrow and let you know any more news.
Deborah mom of 4