C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:25:47 +0000
On Sunday 25 March 2007 16:38, ken barber wrote:
> what do you think of the prebate idea?

There are some problems with "Prebate":-

It does not seem to take account for extended families (grand parents,
dependant adults, etc,).

It does not take into account actual costs of the family (we all know that
being disabled involves extra spending which a non-disabled family do not
have to bear).

Does not take into account debt burden on a family when calculating prebate.

If I lived with my sister (me zero income, sister $60000 pa) the "household"
would receive a prebate based on my sister's income despite her not giving me
a cent, so I would be significantly below the poverty line.

Cheers

Deri