C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 14:37:03 -0400
I've got a question for y'all:

I'll be flying for the first time since the 9/11 attacks, and was wondering what the screening procedures are for wheelchairs.  Do the screeners make one get out of the chair and wait whilst the screeners go over the chair?  Or does the occupant stay in the chair as the search goes on? How long does it take?

I'll be flying in the last week of May and so want to know how long I should account for in planning to make my flight.  My sister says two hours (she flies home every weekend from Tampa to NC), but I am wondering if I will need longer because of the wheelchair.

I remember we had this discussion a few months ago, but I don't remember it being specific to wheelchairs.

Thanks!

Kat