C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Hyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:42:38 -0700
  I know I don't post here very often but I read all of your posts either at home or at work. I figured this would be one group that could really relate to this particular set of problems I've been experiencing for the last few weeks.  I have what is considered moderate CP and I use either a power wheelchair or a manual wheelchair for mobilitly.  I have a full time job as a resource coordinator for a region center in Fresno CA and I'm trying to obtain my Masters degree in Organization Managment from the University of Phoenix. About three weeks ago my power chair pooped out on me and I had to go through the HMO to get a repair order and then of course they had to order the part which as of tonight still hasn't arrived.  (I think they must be shipping it buy Pony Express.) Then a couple of nights ago the lift on my van decided to break down wiht me on it. I was for a time, stuck in mid air but eventually managed to get down. I got my brother to come over and we managed to button it up for the night. Yesterday the repair place came by and picked up the van (for an additional cost of $ 75.00 per hour). Today they tell me the motor is shot and they are going to have to order another one. They will no doubt ship it on the same pony express that my wheelchair part is coming on. In the mean time I've not been able to get into work for the last two days and I don't know how I will be able to until I can either get my van back or the power chair.  With the power chair I can at least wheel to work.
Whew! Just being able to send this off help a little.  Thanks for listining to my tale of woa.

Bill Hyatt
"I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here."