C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 22:13:45 +0100
          "Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Well, NPR has a definite agenda, so it would behoove them to
> inflate the figures.  On the other hand, the pictures from the
> mall were mighty impressive.  Suffice to say it was definitely
> the largest anti-firearm demonstration in this country.
>
> Deri, what's your read on this whole thing--particularly since
> the UK took Draconian measures toward private ownership of
> firearms?

Didn't notice much coverage over here.

Yep, they were pretty complete measures, really hit the shooting
clubs. Out here in the country though Clay Pigeon Shooting still
thrives with the 12 bores.

I went to the National Country Exhibition last year with a mate
who's into that sort of thing. Watched John Waddell (sp?) do a
show shooting clays from a pair of silvered pump action
side-by-sides from his hip!! (He was careful for us not to see
what guage those cartridges were though, or the choke!!). Part of
the show was a challenge that he could train anyone to shoot like
him in two miunutes, and despite my friend ejecting me over the
front rope in pretty sharp fashion, he chose a rather shapely
brunette to tutelage, I wonder why!!

I hasten to add my presence at the exhibition was purely research
into a number of smaller breweries which had set up Beer Tents.

--
Deri James