C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:28:13 -0400
I've heard this story many times, and have often wondered if it is true.

Well, it's a good story, but according to the Lelands' bio on the Stanford U.
page, that's not what happened.  The URL is:

http://www.stanford.edu/home/stanford/history/begin.html

The Lelands weren't farmers; Mr. Leland was a financier who owned trotters
(like Tennessee walking horses) for a hobby, and their son died of TB at the
age of 16.

Kat