C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 00:46:44 -0400
Dear People,

  I am doing very fine, thank you very much. My kitty brudder, the one
with nary two clues to rub together, got into yet another cat fight. He
came traipsing in the other night, plunked his furry fat self on Daddy's
lap, gave his head a scratch and ... swoooooosh - a gusher. A great huge
abscess on his head erupted all over the place. Mommy had some liquid
antibiotics in the fridge, but not enough to complete the required 7-10
day course for kitties. She called the vet, but the vet has gone horsey
on us and was out of town. Next best thing, Mommy made another call  ...
to her own family doctor. She left a message on his machine on Thursday
night to make sure he'd get it first thing Friday so he could call in a
script to the pharmacy. Never taking any chances, Mommy called the
clinic to make sure the good doctor got her message. Surprise, surprise!
He answered the phone. A lovely chap from Wales, he usually answers the
phone ... "MI6 here". He's a character. Anyway, he called in a script
for kitty to be delivered by post for the afternoon. That's the beauty
of living in the country. Old family doctors look after both humans and
critters.

  Tragedy struck, however,  as the mail had already been picked up by
the postal lady, but the day was saved, however, as someone from the
pharmacy was coming out our way and offered to bring the medicine for
the kitty. I met her at the door with great anticipation. Sadly, she had
nothing for me. Christmas is coming, so I am hopeful.

  In the meantime, I've been doing my furry brother duty and sitting on
said kitty and washing his head for him. He's feeling better already. In
fact, he's feeling so much better, he spit out this evening's dose of
antibiotic (a capsule that Mommy breaks in half and covers with lard).
She was not amused and slapped him on the snout to smarten him up. He's
getting far too bold now that he's feeling better. She told Daddy she's
gonna have to tie brudder kitty's front feet so he can't get after her
hands while she's pilling him. I'm not terribly impressed with that idea
cause it's my very own knee-high muzzle that she's gonna use to restrain
those feline footies. It's all so traumatic. What's a guy to do. I think
I'll go steal some cat food. That always makes me feel better.

  My kitty brudders hafta go to the vet when she comes back from
wherever it is she's got herself off to. They need their shots updated.
This abscess thing can be bad. Mommy already lost a cat to Feline
Leukemia a couple of years ago. He got whacked in the head by a street
fighter and those guys are vicious. FL is carried by cats that don't
have their shots up to date. My brudders are only about a month late for
their shots, but I hope they're okay. Psst, did you know that applying
red pepper to a wound helps fight infection? Write that down, so you'll
remember.

  Hope everyone is having a lovely day. And remember, turn around in
your bed three times before lying down to sleep. Works for me :)

Bye for now,

Mr. Jake (the cutie boy Cairn) Rockwell
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier