C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:26:17 -0400
> I just believe that women, not government, should have control over their
bodies and their lives.

That's fine and good, but when does the baby get a choice to live or die?
Just because they are to tiny to speak for themselves does not mean they do
not have rights.  A woman knows what will happen if she has unprotected sex,
just because she doesn't want the "burden" of having a child does not mean
she has a right to kill it.  As someone said in an earlier post, there are
allot of people out there waiting to adopt.  My Aunt and Uncle could not
have children, they waited 8 years for a child.  Then you have people like
my sister who has only one child, lost her second, and can never have
children again.
Its not just a womans choice, there is a human life at stake.
Just my opinion.
Deborah mom of 4