C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:07:12 -0400
Hey all...

I haven't been on the list today as it's been a particularly bad day
pain/spasticity wise.  Things have been getting progressively worse for
about a week.  I left work about two hours early yesterday, slept about two
hours last night and could not grasp a razor or toothbrush.  Needless to
say, I did not work today.

Called the pain doc's office at 9:00 and said that I urgently needed to see
the physician.  I was told that the earliest possible time was July 26th.
Fine, but could someone "call something in for me?"  That was 9:00, I called
back at 2:00 and re-emphasized the urgency and was told that someone would
get back with me eventually (today??  this year??).  The prospect of a
weekend with no pain-relief isn't something I'm relishing.

The thing that really sucks is that I signed a "contract" at the beginning
of my "treatment" (Jan. 2001), agreeing that I would not seek pain
medication from any other physician.  In return, I would be provided with
timely treatment and urgent situations would be responded to in kind.

To keep my mind off of my own pain, I renewed my "web searching" for
information re: CP and Aging, or some reference to "Post CP Syndrome".  Not
much has changed in the six years I've been with this forum.  Still not a
recognized phenomemon--unless, of course, you're the one getting older with
CP.

So, with strengthened resolve, I would like to create a "point source", a
web clearinghouse, if you will, of data relevant to the subject.  The web
sites that are extant seem to have fizzled.  Would any of you be interested
in pursuing something like this?  I would envision something of a repository
of info for patients and healthcare professionals alike.  It could even be
of statistical relevance.

Off the cuff, whaddya think?

-Kyle