C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Mallory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:13:30 EST
In a message dated 12/4/00 8:22:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< I would love to hang out with you Betty--2 years ago when the same
 conference was in DC Trish & Amber came & had lunch with us. I only had
 Sarah with me then..but I think it is Columbus day Weekend this year--so
 both kids want to come..so I will drive this time.  We can make plans closer
 to the date...    Joy

 > From: Betty B <[log in to unmask]> >>
I would like to meet up with you all too. I've always wanted to see the
Holocaust museum. I couldn't understand how the Germans would stand by and
allow such murder. Actually, more non-Jewish people were killed than Jewish.
It wasn't until recently, that two people explained how this happened to me
and a book has been written from the German's perspective.  The German people
were persecuted too. The disabled disappeared, as well as the elderly. One
person(a psychologist) told me how an adult man never saw his brother again.
Apparently, his brother was a young boy in school and had a malformed hand.
The authorities removed the boy from his German family and told them that he
had to go to a special school and he was never seen again.  The German people
lived under fear in a chaos government, where they and their families would
be put to death very easily. But I can't speak for the people in authority
who carry out the crimes.  My grandmother's family left Germany when Hitler
came into power. I believe most of their possessions stayed in Germany.
Anyways, I would like to bring my 15 year old daughter too, but will leave my
9 year old son with his father to tour something else as one has to be at
least 13 to enter. By the way, what do they discuss at NORD conferences?
       Cindy