C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:06:01 -0600
What special ed?  With the push to drop everyone into mainstream classes
many good special educators are out of work.  I work with a lot of kids with
learning disabilities that are pulled out of their mainstream classes for
reading, math, Occupational therapy, speech/language classes.  They have no
time to catch up with their class mates on other subjects.  I'm lucky though
some of my schools are title 21 so they have still have special classes for
kids and let me tell you, some of those teachers are great, it's amazing
what they do with some really tough kids.
And tell me how smart is it if you are having trouble retaining people that
you use standardized testing (that is poorly run in this state, yep FL and
TX both have trouble counting) for retention and salaries?  Guess what the
teachers end up having to teach?
Alright, enough with my soap box.

Beth the OT