C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:22:04 -0500
Hi Jan:

If you are willing to go to school out of state, you might want to look into
Hofstra University in Long Island, New York.  I received a BA in
Communication Arts and an MA in English there, and found campus to be really
accessible.  In addition, their Program for the Higher Education of the
Disabled (PHED) [that's the U's Office of Disabled Student Services] is one
of the best around.

I'd be happy to communicate with you directly about any questions you may
have.  Also, you (or anyone else from the list) may be interested in a
booklet I've recently developed called "The Road to Equal Access for
Students with Disabilities:  A Unique Partnership Between Students, Faculty,
and Administrators".  It's targeted for the University population and
designed as a guide for "best practices".

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Regards,

Therese E. Aprile, M.A.
Director of Systems Advocacy
Long Island Center for Independent Living, Inc. (LICIL)
Levittown, NY