C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:32:21 -0500
Oh, I don't know...Reagan's ending of the Cold War comes to mind.  Bush
Sr.'s signing ADA legislation into law worked for me.  Eisenhower's
Interstate Road System seemed like a good idea.  Nixon opened China's
economy to the west (not sure how positive that is in retrospect, but we
got a few less nukes pointed at us out of the deal).

Who knows, maybe Obama will be another FDR.  Another WPA could rebuild
our crumbling 60+ year-old infrastructure.

Economically, one of the issues that we face that no one wants to admit
is that we ARE at war.  And as such, our economy needs to be placed onto
a wartime footing.  The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan sound
expensive--and they are.  But they're actually being fought on the
cheap.  That's why it's taking us so long to achieve our strategic
goals.  Tactically, we're fine.  Strategically, we're not; and I place
the blame for that solely at the feet of Don Rumsfeld.  Want someone to
blame for the morass in the sandbox?  He's your man.