C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:15:47 -0400
No sir.  Actually my hair is awfully (albeit prematurely) gray.  I think
it's a combo of kids and genetics.  Fortunately I still have a head-full (of
hair, that is).

Our move went well, except for the pins getting kicked out from underneath
me due to a subsequent sinus infection.  Trying to convince two small
young'uns that city behavior is different than country behavior has been
somewhat of a trial as well.

Our new digs are quite awesome, though we did condense our "living space" by
half.  Out the front door is a cornucopia of restaurants and stores
(including a WalMart SuperStore.  Joy!  Rapture!).  Out back is the
Olentangy River, registered as a national wild and scenic waterway with some
of the best smallmouth fishing in the state!  Geologically, the location is
gorgeous too.  We live at the base of "Flint" Road, where Native Americans
flocked to from all over the continent to obtain some of the world's finest
knappable flint.  Half-knapped arrowheads are everywhere.

With all the shale (flint) about, I think that the radon levels are probably
off the charts.  Probably not a good thing.

Noticed a lot of new "parent of CP kid" folks on the list of late.  A lot of
folks expressing pessimism and suprise re: their doc's prognosis for their
child.  Funny how things have NOT changed over the decades, eh?

Laura hasn't hooked up her PC at home yet, in case you wondered why she
didn't weigh in on the SPED teacher debates.  Probably a good thing.  ;>)

Hope to start hearing from the "old crowd" too, soon.

-Kyle