C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 10:40:52 -0400
 Hello, everybody:

If you will remember, I posted here a few weeks ago asking for feedback on
botox and baclofen treatments for spasticity.  Well, I had an MRI last week,
and the results were surprising, to say the least.

First, there's nothing wrong with my head (although some may beg to differ).
But the pictures of the spine shows a different story - a compression of the
spine at C-3 through C-5, which the neuro diagnosed as cervical spondylosis.
No wonder my hands and arms are weaker and spasming, even though they were
fine up to a few months ago.  And here I'd been thinking it was due to
overuse from wheeling myself in my manual chair.  Shows not to make
assumptions, eh?

So now the neuro is referring me to a neurosurgeon for spinal decompression
surgery.  Has anyone on on this list had this surgery?  Did it improve
anything?  Please let me know.

Thanks!

            Kathy S.