C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Katherine Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:42:16 -0400
Hi Kat,

I hope the surgery worked out for you and it was helpful.

I work for the Environmental Protection Agency and I called my husband
that morning and told him I could see the Pentagon burning.  He still
has my voice mail saved.  I was on a listserv and one of the women
almost immediately said 'the government did this.'  I said 'thanks and
good-bye,' and did my best to forget that I'd ever participated in it.
I can't even remember the name.

A former friend of mine had a history of psychological problems and
decided working in DC was too scary, post 9/11.  She tried working
elsewhere and ended up on a psychiatric disability.

I think Phaidon has a coffee table book out about 9/11 with scenes of
the devastation, for about $75.00.  I saw it in Barnes and Noble.

it's hard to believe that it's been 5 years.

Mary Katherine