C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:13:47 -0500
Hi,

        You might also try some some of your larger department type stores -
I  work part-time at Hecht's ( fine jewelry dept) and they have mystery
shoppers and we earn our stars and boo's from mystery shoppers. I have
passed 2 mystery shops. And sometimes I wonder if those dreadfully difficult
fussy and deamanding shopper that have you drag out 87 thousandc pieces  and
buy nothing - are mystery shoppers. I had a guy the week berfore last
looking for a watch - he pulled out a FBI badge and offered to help me look
thru the watches - I don't think so!! He wasted a lot of time - but as there
weren't many other shoppers I didn't mind. I would have had we been busy -
he would have cheating them out of service - while I looked up obsure facts
and tried to figure out the the manufacture sold what he wanted etc. Not to
mention in some departments - people get commission and time/customers are
money. Plus you have sales goals to meet extra. I think sometimes the people
who are shopping forget they are shopping and having fun ( or are suppose to
be ) but the guy behind the counter is working and if you ty them up to long
they get reprimanded for ineffiecient sales techniques and wasting time.
Also there are times of the year when this is a pitsy business to be in -
becasue the shoppers are the pits - ie right now - never mind Christmas
comes on the same day every year and everyone has 364 to perpare for it -
they all do a mad rush starting after T-day, with an attitude they should
have what they want, and now and why do they have to wait, why aren't there
more sales people etc - Damnation - why didn't they do their shoppong
earlier?  My shopping is done. I think we should give stars to good
customers. I hate the people who storm up to the counter - see you kneeling
in front of the safe with an arm full of stuff and before you can
acknowledge their presence - are demanding your attention - they have the
attitude you were't waiting for me. What people don't realize is the more
they demand and the nastier they get - the less service they - About 2
weeks - This lady got impatient when she couldn't get instant service. I
gave someone their repair and she demanded I wait on her and I went on to
the next customer who had been waiting for a while and just said - that
gentleman is next, someone will be with you shortly and screamed at me she
had been waiting for 1/2 an hour and she was next - she knew he had been
there longer than him - not!! It was second time around becasue he had
wanted to look longer - please go and wait on someone else in effect he had
passed up his turn. And the next person took someone else who had been
waiting ( we do notice what order you arrive in - as a rule - that's part of
the job - acknowledging people with 15 seconds of their approach to the
department and letting them know some one will be with them as soon as
possible). So then she was screaming and the other sales girl became
available and saw she had to take her - so she said and ran off to the
bathroom!! And I am thinking - Oh no I am going get to her - so I did drag
my sale out a bit -  so the poor person in watches who missed the episode
ended up with her. and I think she did buy a piddle little something. That's
another thing that is amazing - the amount of money people spend has a
bearing on their patience and politeness - bargain hunters and cheapsters
are as a rule more demanding and ruder than people who are going to spend
big bucks.  People - what a trip. The nice thing about sales work is after a
while - you can size up people from across the room.

                                         Trisha