C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 08:28:09 -0400
Went out and got the book out of the van, it's my I've got 5 minutes to kill
between kids, lunchtime book.  The book is called The Bipolar Child: The
Definitive and Reassuring Guide to Childhood's Most Misunderstood Disorder.
This is one of those books that every pediatrician, family doctor,
phychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, etc should read.  It goes through
Diagnosis and treatment, Inside the Brain and Mind, Living and Coping with
Bipolar Disorder, etc.  It's written at a level where most people can
understand, is very throrough, and very fascinating.  It's also well
referenced.  The book started as a labor of love when the authors met a
family with a child with bipolar disorder.
There are a lot issues behind  a dianosis of Bipolar Disorder, it seems it's
a lot easier to give children a diagnosis of ADHD however, the medications
for ADHD, and childhood depression can actually make the symptoms worse.

Beth the OT

email address: [log in to unmask]