C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:15:38 -0500
Hi Bobby,

        I have to concur with you -at least partially -

> If I thought a Higher Being pre-ordained my CP, someonelse' MD, etc. I
> could not respect such a being. As Rabbi Kushner says in "Why Bad things H
> appento Good People" God put is some degree of "slippage" in creation.
That's
> the "luck of the draw" and as I once said in a poem "Play the cards you
are
> dealtand don't whine". That's my own" raisson d'etre"

        I am awed by the whole creation of a being process. We can't
replicate that. To create something as complex as a being and go thru each
of the cell mutations flawlessly is mind boggling. I am not surprised that
when created inside another being, subject to what that being does and is
exposed to - that glitches occur. I do not view any of that - what other
people call illness and disabling conditions as anything other than normal.
You are asking something many times more complex than a engine to function
flawlessly. If I thought a higher being had deliberately orchestraed Amber's
CP or my abuse - I would loathe that being from the bottom of my heart and
certainly could never respect it - surely a God would have better things to
to than be a petty tyrant who maimes and tortures. Surely such a being must
be the ulitmate Evil.  From where I stand the Gods have given us all we need
to live our lives and love and care for each other without requiring their
constant intervention like a nurse maid. Hopefully they have better things
on which to focus than my life. Its a endless Universe. How egotistical to
think Gods have nothing better to do than think of me. Of course organized
religions are not for the people who think only for people who must be told
what to think and how to act. Its much easier to be told how to be than to
accept responsibilty for one actions and have to think them out. The problem
with life is the fact people are spoon fed what to believe thru religions
and in our soctiey that includes Hollywood version of what life should.
Mindless sheep!! True value systems encourage a person to thinks thing thru
and come to conclusions based on their experiences and ability to question -
blind obediance is required only by those whose ideas won't stand  up in the
light of scruteny.A true God is so far beyond human comphehension  and Gods
of humnas resemble the humans - strengths and weakeness - autocratic petty
tyrants that require unthinking obediance. Modern religions are big
usiness  - and if they don't have followers they will bite the dust. They
are no different than Chrysler, Ford,Cadillac or MicroSoft. Of course those
all have their followers too. LOL

                Brightest Blessings
                       Trisha - who has never managed to do the sheep thing