C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cheryl Kloss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Kloss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2010 22:35:22 -0500
I'd say your doing a great job...we didn't get to stage 2s until we were 18 months old with both of our guys...I ended up making our own baby foods so I could slowly increase the textures in teeny weeny tiny baby steps, so that we wouldn't gag.  It sounds like your pediatrician is really being supportive which is awesome.

You may find Suzanne Morris' website http://www.new-vis.com/ helpful in your journey.  I didn't find her information until my guys were a couple of years old..but she really made feeding "make sense" and more understandable...I found her first through a book or magazine article..because back then we didn't even have internet access...oh what I would have given for the world of the internet.  Anyway, good luck, and just know whatever decision you make it will be the right one for the time and place you are on your journey.  But of course, as parents we will always second guess ourselves..but that is true for your typical kids as well as those with disabilities.

Cheryl