C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:01:56 -0700
Revenge is sweetest when it's served cold....

A couple of years ago, my mom, who was in the earlier stages of Alzheimers,
was in Wal-Mart with a friend, and after they'd gone through the checkout,
and were on their way out of the store, without the "you have activated
Wal-Mart's instore security system..." recording going off, they asked her
to go with them to a room where they held her for over an hour, and wouldn't
let her friend in to the room with her.  After they got back and told my dad
about it, he went down to the store to see the manager, who was "out," and
would call him.  The manager never did, and so dad wrote a letter to the
local manager, and to Wal-Mart corporate, but never received a reply from
either one.  I've boycotted Wal-Mart since, but these are ideas that might
have a larger mpact than a one-person boycott.