C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:30:41 -0800
i do not know that all fundlementalist are closed
mind, but, i do know that there are those who think
they are the final athority on everything, there are
others who think they are the  final athority on just
some things, and a few that know they are not the
final athority at all. not all of any group calls
theirselves fundlemenatlist. some people are just
going to argue about anything.

i know there are many things that i believe that there
are others who believe something else and many of
these i can see their way of looking at a particular
point even if i do not necessarily agree. some do not
even matter much.

take the drinking of alcohol. i think the Bible warns
against drinking inexcess, but then everyone has to
determine for themself what is excess. others seem to
take this to the point that all consumption of alcohol
is wrong. i can't see that, but, i would not try to
serve them wine at dinner. i personally do not drink
becouse i have uncles, a brother, and neices and
nephews that are alcoholics. even when i think about
taking a shot to make me sleep better, i end up
thinking it not wise for anyone in this family to risk
it. that is exactly what i told benjamin also.
but, i'd not tell anyone else what to do.
also there is a old testament prohibition against
getting someone else drug for the purpose of taking
advantage of them in anyway. so i'd gether that when i
was a young man, it would have be wrong for me to give
booze even to a willing (to drink) young beauty for
the purpose of getting her drunk in order to get her
to have sex.

on the other hand some things are pretty clear. for
example "you shall not steal." is hard to
mis-interpret.

so am i moderate? i do not know. i am whatever i am no
matter what kind of label i'd get.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs