C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:08:22 -0500
I absolutely agree! The story of Jesus' life is filled with examples of how he went out of his way to be with people considered to be outcasts in one form or other. He had no tolerance for bigots or the self-righteous. His message was always acceptance and love for everyone - one we should all remember. :-)  I am not a practising Christian myself, but I believe in the principles and can appreciate the message of the New Testament.

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/16/00 11:37PM >>>
  <snip>That's why I have a hard time with the "Religious Right."  In my opinion, they are trying to take the U.S. to a place Jesus did not intend his disciples to go, that is, to equate religious Nationalism and public morality with Christianity,  Look at the New Testament again, and you'll see time after time Jesus being at odds with the Right wingers in his time. I truly believe if Jesus were to come back now, he'd save his most scathing remarks for those who want to return to a mythical past when only the "middle to upper class, normal" white people had the opportunities.
Mike