C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:00:08 -0800
sometimes, birth control does fail, sometimes women are raped. The thing
that gets me is that many buy alcohol and drugs, but won't pay 10 bucks for
a box of condoms then they expect the govt to feed and clothe these kids
they had. I really wanted children, but my parents instilled a value system
in me that said it was not cool to expect the taxpayers to pay for my child
if I had one out of wedlock, and if I could not support the child myself.
I think in the long haul it would be cheaper for the govt to give women
birth control. I get the Pill on my insurance.

at my meeting today  at mobility and transportation, we got off topic and
the chair woman was saying it is the liberals who are messing up oaklands
schools. And Linda is African American. She agrees with Ken and Kyle that
the political parties have crossed and uncrossed paths so that now we don't
know what's what with each party.

mag

Tamar Magenta Raine

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities

have societal parity in this country.  If one group (ex. the "government",
the "schools", etc.) insist on certain verbage and actions without taking
the time to look underneath at the real issues, class and race will
continue to be societal stumbling blocks.

> Since Johnson's "Great Society" we've created cultures and generations of
professional "victims" who would rather "mother" children they can't afford
and "father" children they don't value, while at the same time pointing the
finger of blame at someone else for their plight.

> There is absolutely NO reason that any individual of ANY race or creed
cannot live comfortably in this country and know the value of a days wages
for a days work.  Single mom?  Have three kids and don't know how to feed
them?  Hmmm...who "made" you have those children?  Weren't you at least
somewhat responsible for their birth?

> I don't suffer from "white guilt".  Never have, never will.  Why?  Well
for one, when I was a kid my parents had to decide between braces for me or
groceries for the family.  Did they complain?  Hardly!  They realized that
sacrifices in cars, entertainment, clothes and, yes, food would pay off for
me AND them someday.  They knew disappointment, sure.  They also knew it
was no one's fault, and if they were going to get pulled up by the boot
straps then it was going to have to be their hands on the leather.