C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:35:50 EDT
I just had to go to the DMV a couple of weeks ago.  I have to tell you that
the employees were terrific, from the security guard who first saw me coming
to the person working behind the counter.  While I was waiting, this guard
hung around to chat with me a little, and gave me insight into their work
days.  I feel sorry for those guys.  He told me that it happens not to
infrequently that people don't have the documents they need to get what they
need, and their attitudes sometimes get too heated with teh person who has to
say "no."  Then the guard is called over to escort the person out of the
building or do whatever action is necessary to abate the problem.

This also is the specific DMV you may have seen in the news, where a couple
of the terrorists got IDs because of relaxed rules (that are in no way
relaxed now).  What impressed me was the kindness the employees displayed.
It looked like an unfriendly madhouse when I was there, so I admire them for
their ability to retain a good customer service attitude.

Betty