C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:40:19 -0400
Kat, on the subject of commissioned officers, you are 100% correct.
Full retirement before Mandatory Separation Age won't protect you
either.  Only resigning your commission after your mandatory commitment
will prevent a call-up--and that's not a 100% guarantee if you are a
Subject Matter Expert (SME) on old technology still in use.  Some
officers were pulled from retirement homes early in 2002--no joke.

Oh, and the Administration (Bush) does NOT set policy on whether or not
both parents are deployed--that's DoD policy.  BTW, it's extremely rare
that spouses with children both get deployed to the GWOT theater.

Of the four services, the Army is really the only one that allows women
near "combat"--save for pilots in the Navy and Air Force.  Female Army
soldiers serve as MPs and in combat service support roles.  IEDs, mortar
and rocket attacks don't make distinctions between genders.

Kyle