C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 12:09:22 -0400
I'm wondering if y'all can help me. I'm currently looking for a job, I've
gotten several callbacks at least 10 interviews... but over two months...
No job. ( I realize 2 months isn't a long time) but I think there might be
something ELSE I can be doing so that I can secure the job I want.

A little background about me: I'm 25, with Spastic Diplegic C.P. I have a
B.S. in Psychology, and graduated in 1997. I can walk on my own without
crutches, etc. I quit my last part-time job because it couldn't offer me
any advancement, and I was bored spitless. I am still working there on an
on-call basis, however, the days I'm required to go in are few and far
between.

Any suggestions you all can give me would be great...Below is a text copy
of my resume: The original DOES in fact have contact information on it, and
I usually send it out in Word format.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
Joanne

------------------
Objective:
To obtain a position within your company with my excellent skills and
qualifications.

Education:
York College of Pennsylvania    York, PA
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, May 1997
Minor: Information Systems

Computer Skills
1 year of COBOL programming, as well as a semester in C++ and a semester in
Pascal, limited
knowledge of Visual Basic 4.0, Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
1997, 2000, which
includes PowerPoint and Excel. I've assisted in teaching training courses
about the Internet,
and PINE e-mail applications.  Knowledge of Netscape and Internet Explorer
web browsers,
Microsoft Works  and various other multimedia applications.  Interned for
the MIS Department
of Catholic Charities during the summer of 1999, upgraded several computers
from Windows 95
to Windows 98.

Work experience:
1997 - Present  Catholic Charities       Secretary
Secretary for the Public Affairs & Development Department. Responsibilities
include filing,
faxing, copying, and extensive data entry. Raised over $3,000.00 for our
"1999 Caring for
our Community" Desk Calendar, the major fundraising event of that year.
Extensive knowledge
of DonorPerfect software, wrote two articles for our quarterly newsletter
The Mission,
Answer all incoming phone calls to the Public Affairs & Development
Department, as well as
training on our main switchboard.

July 97 - Oct. 97                Henry Schein, Inc.     Customer Service
Operator
Answered all calls coming into the Practice Management Technologies
Department.
Responsibilities included selling our EasyDental software to potential
customers,
sending out and packaging all our proposals for our two software packages:
EasyDental and
AVIMark.  Assisted sales representatives with their callbacks, extensive
knowledge of ACT!
Contact Management software.  Received the "Winner not Whiner" award for
excellent customer
service skills and selling aptitude.

1995 - 1997                   York College of Pennsylvania      Help Desk
Operator
Help Desk Operator for the Information Resources Center of York College.
Responsibilities included maintaining the 8 labs designated for student
use, answering all
questions students had about resources and software as well as answering
all phone calls
coming into the department, helping students with any software or hardware
problems they
encounter, filled out all lab reports, and maintained a friendly atmosphere
between the
students and the staff of the help desk.

1993 - 1995                   Marymount College         Admissions Assistant
Admissions Assistant for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Responsibilities included
answering all calls for our Director of Admissions and our Admissions
Counselors, sent out
literature to all prospective students, participated in admissions
phone-a-thons to assist
prospective students in making their decision about Marymount College, gave
tours of the
campus and also participated in all admissions related open houses.

References Available upon Request