C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 15:07:21 EDT
In a message dated 05/11/2000 1:24:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<     Thank you for the kind words!! I find that children and teens are
 > intelligent thinking people (something some adults who functions from a
 > reactionary gut level - could take lesson in....) and I treat them as
 such.
 > I never treated any topic as something my child was to young to know about
 > but geared what she learned to her age. >>

What else can you do?  If you say nothing in response to their question, that
doesn't seem to be a good idea.  If they know enough to be asking questions
about sex, or whatever the adult topic is, they are going to find answers
someplace.