C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Salkin
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 19:59:43 -0500
I have to agree, Mag, I don't think it was terrorism, either.  I think 9/11
has made us  too quick to think of terrorism any time an explosion occurs.
The same thing happened last week when there was an explosion at a
pharmaceuticals plant in NC last week; people were speculating that it might
have been terrorism when it was fairly obvious that it wasn't.

Let's put this into a bit of perspective.  When you're dealing with
spacecraft, there's always an element of danger. And the astronauts know
that.  Any little thing that goes wrong can set off a catastrophe as we saw
with the Challenger in 1986 and we are seeing now.

On the other hand, how can we stop going into space?  It's too important for
mankind not to. I hope NASA can continue its space program.

Kat