C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:13:40 +0800
It is wonderful to have you active on the list again, Betty, I LOVE
reading your posts.  How are your hands, are you back on touch typing
yet??

Rayna

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 11:53:40PM -0400, Betty B wrote:
    I would be honored to see you safely to and from the Capital of the
    Commonwealth of Virginia.

    "Carry me back to old Virginny.
    That's where the cotton and the corn and 'taters grow.
    That's where the birds warble sweet in the spring time.
    That's where this old darky's heart am long to go."

    That's the state song, and those are the lyrics.  In my head, I substituted
    the word "cripple's" for "darky's" just to see how it would feel.  It made me
    feel...um...oogy.  Yeah, like my clothes are way to big because they are hand
    me downs from some older, nondisabled sister or something, and like I eat
    gruel for lunch because that's the only thing the food givers have left by
    the time they get to the corner where I sit and beg for money all day.

    Yeah, oogy.

    Of course, all this is incidental to the true reason you wish to travel to
    the governmental hub of our fair state, which, as I recall, was due to our
    very own Mike's report of that being the whereabouts of a certain damsel
    look-a-like, no?

    What did I just say?

    If you know what I just said, push "1."
    If you don't know what I just said, push "2."
    If you are undecided, push "3," "4," and "5."

    "Your call is very important to us.  Please wait for the next available
    operator, who will be with you in approximately one hundred gazillion
    minutes."

    At any rate Deri, your wish is my command.

    Your faithful servant,
    Concorde

    The person responsible for this post has been sacked.