C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:15:33 -0400
Hi!

My name is Joanne, and I'm 25 with mild-to-moderate spastic diplegic C.P. I
shave my underarms regularly (once every other day) and I shave my legs
only when I'm wearing shorts or stockings. My technique is to use a brand
new razor (so it's sharp, and doesn't cut as much as trying to use a dull
razor) and lots of soap... I usually shave just after a shower, and let the
bottom faucet run so I can rinse off my legs..

Should you shave Breanne? Hrmm... most parents I know with children that
can not take care of their shaving themselves, do in fact shave their
children's underarm area... I would worry less about the legs. Plenty of
people I know don't bother shaving their legs, able bodied and disabled
alike. It's all a matter of your own opinion though...