C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:58:07 -0700
Kathy Jo,

I let people know that my cp makes it hard for me to hold still, and that
it's even harder when I'm trying to hold still.

If I had a helper who was impatient with me, I would speak with her about
needing to treat me with respect. If she kept acting impatient with me, I
would fire her. (Though if my helpers were sent from an agency, I might ask
them to talk with her first.)

It is very important that our helpers treat us with respect.

Do you have a helper who gets impatient when you can't hold still?

Pam