C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 00:39:54 EDT
Hi Karen,

As an adult with CP who started wearing glasses at almost 11 years of age, I
have to agree with the doctor because if you had double vision from birth or
any other visual issues then that would have been part of the CP issues.
Since you started wearing them as a adolescent, it's just plain
nearsightedness.  You may be favoring one eye over the other when you do
things, and this can be corrected with eye exercises.

I can tell you that because I am working with a vision therapist, my vision
has improved from a -7.50 to about a -3.00 at the moment and it gets to close
to 20/20 at times at the moment. I hope to be at 20/20 within the next few
weeks. :-)) My left eye was actually a -7.75 and my right was at -7.25 when I
started working with the vision therapist.

So feel free to email me for more information,

Dina