C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:08:18 -0500
"Oh my poor nerves...!" Sorry, I couldn't resist quoting Mrs. Bennet from
Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice, which I've been rereading.  Forgive my
weird sense of humour, Jenn.

Forget your aunt.  Seems her Addison's Disease is a bit convenient, but so
be it.  I'd stay with your grandparents and see if there are alternate means
of transportation to your appointments.  Do you have any cousins in Toronto
who would help you?  How about public transportation?  I don't know anything
about public transportation in Toronto, but here in the US we have
accessible subways, buses, etc.  In my home town, there are special vans the
city provides with drivers for transport of disabled people and they aren't
expensive.  Maybe Toronto provides a similar service?  You might want to
check and see.

Kat