C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 00:51:19 EST
Hi,

If I didn't have CP, I wouldn't be the person that I am. I am a fighter. I am
a big believer in alternative therapies. Sometimes, I think that I have CP so
I can make a difference in the younger generation, having experienced what I
did and been through what I have.

Since I haven't met too many people who have been through the alcohol nerve
block injections as a young child and the memories are very vivid in my mind
and always have been, I can tell the parents what it is like and why muscular
injections for spasticity aren't worth doing, and what is out there that is
worth trying. Since I experienced surgeries at a very young age, I can tell
what my experiences were like and help others to avoid that path. Since I do
work with alternative therapies, I can say what has worked for me and what
else is out there to try.

The more we voice our experiences, the sooner we make a bigger impact on the
medical profession and make real changes happen. I know from talking out in
the past few years to professionals, that there are a lot of doubts out there
about how effective surgery really is for spastic CP.

As for my personal life, I don't usually have a problem with making friends.
I do have a very difficult time with dating because of my religious beliefs
and the community that I am involved in. I am still looking for the "right
person" and hope to meet him soon.

So I don't mind having CP, and I am certainly improving day by day. it's my
parent's attitude that is/was difficult to handle. I live a pretty normal
life, tutor in Hebrew for the college, tutor various kids of different ages
in various subjects, go horseback riding 3 days a week, drive a normal car
with a gas pedal extension because I am short, speak Hebrew and a little bit
of Yiddish. I love doing all kinds of arts and crafts, writing and traveling.
I am planning to go back to college to get a degree in Psychology. I help a
lot of people on line with various issues of daily life. I am doing various
alternative therapies such as Rolfing, Chiropractic treatments,
Nutraceuticals, the Chi Machine, the NACD program, and EEG biofeedback and
would like to do HBOT to see if it helps me or not.

Hope this helps,

Dina