C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:04:18 -0500
Some of you know I work at the CDC but I have not told you much of my past.
I have a few minutes, so if you have a minute, read on, otherwise, just
"delete."
In school I studied archeology, but, upon graduation, I found that my career
was in ruins from the start.  I started looking for a different type of job.
I applied with Kodak, but nothing developed and  I got a negative response,

I would not be denieghed though and found work.

My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned
because I couldn't concentrate.

Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so
they gave me the axe.

After that I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it. Mainly
because it was a so-so job.

Next I tried working in a muffler factory but that was exhausting.

I wanted to be a barber, but I just couldn't cut it.

Then I tried to be a chef -- figured it would add a little spice to my life
and make lots of dough, but I just didn't have the thyme.

My best job was being a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't
noteworthy.

I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patients.

Next was a job in a shoe factory; I tried but I just didn't fit in.

I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my
net income.

I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the
work was just too draining.

I got a job at a zoo feeding giraffes but I was fired because I wasn't up to
it.

So then I got a job in a gymnasium, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

After many years of trying to find steady work I finally got a job as a
historian until I realized there was no future in it.

My last job was working at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was
always the same old grind.

Finally I found that working for the government was just right for me.