C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:47:50 -0400
The next couple of years is supposedly going to make todays digitals
obsolete. Don't know what, but, bug  advances are expected.

We used a couple Nikon Coolpix 885 cameras that Laura's school board bought
for her program.  The superintendent told her to "take them on vacation and
try them out".  I thought that was pretty nice of the guy, but I'm not
overly impressed with the quality of digital photography, yet.  The Nikkor
lens was great, but Nikon glass has always been superb.  Res was 3.2
megapixels.  The camera comes with only one 16mb "starter card", so you
can't get very many complex images on the camera before you have to offload.
Unfortunately, I forgot my laptop and had to start culling after about 20
shots.

Anyone else here use a digital camera?  Is the 885 about the best you can
expect for $500?