C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 02:24:43 EST
I take a teenager of 16 years to various museums in DC on occasion.  We help
each other in that he pushes my chair and I am the adult supervision (you
wouldn't know it to see us carry on and cut up though).  He has been asking
me to take him to the Holocaust Museum in DC.  I want to and I don't want to.
 This fellow is very sensitive, and a young 16. He is not hardened to life in
any way. He is also very sympathetic to the suffering of others, and tends to
take things more deeply into his heart than perhaps he should.  I wonder how
this will affect him and I want to be able to help him get through any
feelings he might have about what we will see.

When we spent time discussing W.W.II, I begin by telling him about Peace
Memorial Park in Japan.  I wanted to give him a healthy mental place to go
to, so that when we talked about atrocities, he could at least have something
positive to fall back on by way of considering the positive aspect of the
park.

This thread is jogging me to make our plans to go.  I have really been
putting this off.

Betty

In a message dated 11/28/2000 5:59:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Thanks, Mag.
>
>  It's really scary about the neo-Nazi's in Germany. I remember going
>  threw the children's Halocaust Memorial in Jurusalem. Terribly
>  depressing and horrifying!
>
>  Bobby

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam