C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:41:43 -0700
extendedfamilies are considered separately here and
granny would get her own pre-bate separatly. so thats
not a real problem. it does consider dependernts as
the prebate is set by size of family as the povety
levels are set by the government. so that is not
actally a problem.
 actual cost for a family is set by povaty level. if
you spend more than the desingnated levelthen you are
not poor. ie level of povety for a family of 4 is
presently set by the government. if a person spend
more, then they are above the povety level or are
spending beyond their means. the u.s. government isnot
and should not be into telling people how much they
can spend, however they are pre-bated based on what
the government sets as the povaty level. if they just
exemted foods for example then a millionair could buy
balooga csviar tax free. that would a gross injustice.

this has been studied extensively by harvard
ecconomics depatment to get all the nuances that needs
to be addressed. it is actually one of the most
studied bill ever to be introduced in the U.S.
Congress.

--- Deri James <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Sunday 25 March 2007 16:38, ken barber wrote:
> > what do you think of the prebate idea?
> >

> There are some problems with "Prebate":-
>
> It does not seem to take account for extended
> families (grand parents,
> dependant adults, etc,).
>
> It does not take into account actual costs of the
> family (we all know that
> being disabled involves extra spending which a
> non-disabled family do not
> have to bear).
>
> Does not take into account debt burden on a family
> when calculating prebate.
>
> If I lived with my sister (me zero income, sister
> $60000 pa) the "household"
> would receive a prebate based on my sister's income
> despite her not giving me
> a cent, so I would be significantly below the
> poverty line.
>
> Cheers
>
> Deri

> list, go here: