C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 01:01:57 +0100
On Thursday 19 October 2006 19:57, Kendall David Corbett wrote:
> Deri,
>
> >A bigger answer is for healthcare to be free at the point
> >of delivery, then the big question would not arise.
>
> I agree, but I don't see it happening in the US anytime soon.
>
> How long are the waits in the UK for elective surgical procedures,
> which a cochlear implant would be?
>
> Kendall

Each individual is assessed and given a different priority based on various
factors (children are given the highest priority, if you've recently lost
your hearing this is also prioritised, the reason for your deafness is also
taken into account).

Based on your "score" the waiting time is generally between 1-12 months.

There is never a "charge" for this Op.

Cheers

Deri