C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:44:21 -0400
I got popped the other day after I got my quarterly Botox shot. I rarely
put the gimp card up--the walk does me good and there are folks that
REALLY need those spots.  Anyway, I came in to work about three days
after the shot, and I had a good load of Zanaflex going too, so I decide
to go gimp in the parking garage (I was so un-spastic I was tacking like
a sailboat trying to get into the office.  If there weren't corridor
walls to bounce off I'd be either somewhere in Ontario or North Carolina
by now).

Anyway, when I get back to my car...Doh!  I had forgotten to put the
placard up and I had a $250 ticket under the wiper.  I sent the ticket
back to the clerk of courts with a photocopy of my placard, paperwork
and a fawning apology.  Fortunately, they dismissed the ticket, but I
know the metropolitan cops around here don't take kindly to folks
parking illegally in our crip spots.

One thing that chaps my arse is that physicians and ESPECIALLY
chiropractors hand these things out like candy.  Seems like every geezer
with a blister gets a five-year placard.  You see these folks park in
the handicapped spots and then zoom around all day long doing "mall
walks"!  If you can walk two miles in twenty minutes you sure as heck
don't need a placard.  Harumph!

Kyle