C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:48:03 EST
In a message dated 03/11/2000 8:28:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Betty, thanks for the site, I showed Briana and she thought it was a great
 idea.  Her permanent walker hasn't come in yet (she's using a loaner), but
 when it does, it's off to the craft store for us!

Yeaaaa!  I know she will really love a decorated walker!  I remember a long
time ago, I saw a woman in church who had a vine of artificial white flowers
wrapped around her cane.  That cane really made an impression on me, and now
that I think about it, it was a positive statement about feeling good with
her disability.

I'll tell you what Elaine, I will make it a point to do the same thing with
my old crutches, and I will always think of you and Briana when I use them.

Betty