C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy C Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:56:03 -0800
Hi,

Wanted to share my latest poem.

MY PRECIOUS CHILD
By Cindy Curtis

I gave you your slurred speech.
Why do you insist on cursing
Me with it?

I gave you your hands, which according to the world's standards, do not
work right.
Why do you continually shake your fists at Me?

I gave you your legs.
It was in My plan that they would not walk, run, jump, or dance.
Why do you shake your head in disbelief at Me?

I love you with an everlasting love.
You are My precious child.
Please do not turn away from Me.

I was crucified on your behalf.
I rose again for you.

My plans to use your disabled form are far beyond what you could ever
imagine.
Please do not distrust Me.

Your slurred speech is precious to Me.
Your hands, that may work differently, are precious to Me.
Your legs, that can not walk, run, jump, or dance, are precious to Me
too.

Please do not doubt My power to use you.
I can and will, in My time.

Please eagerly await for Me.
I love you.
You are My precious child.