C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 00:12:28 EST
Hi y'all!

Item 1 of 3 (may or may not be of interest):

Bird report:
I've been out of computer range mentally, due to pleasant, bird watching
weather here.  Mainly I've been enjoying my backyard birds and haven't been
keeping up with e-mail.  Bad Betty!  But the birds are very happy.  I have
two feeding stations for safflower, one for niger (thistle), two suet
feeders, and a birdbath.  Everybody who flies in my backyard loves me!

Usual gang of visitors: Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Chickadee, Blue Jay,
Northern Cardinal, House Finch, Carolina Wren, Goldfinch, Downy Woodpecker,
Dark-eyed Junco.

My cockatiel, Astro, laid an egg right on my shoulder last night.  I may have
that little sucker bronzed (the egg, not Astro).

Item 2 (of interest to all, I'm sure):

I do know that the mighty Dan Keplinger is the proud owner of an Oscar
(congratulations to the King)!  I certainly hope he doesn't use it as a hood
ornament, although I'm sure it would make a lovely hood ornament.  If he can
get another one, he will have an exquisite set of bookends sure to invite
interesting comments from guests.

Item 3:

Well...on to Ben & Jerry's...now my subject title is officially legitimate.
I just had to share this with those of you who have children, or those who
are living second childhoods (such as I am).  The Ben & Jerry's website has
great craft projects for children, including HO ("sort of") scale structures
(church, Victorian house, barn w/animals, etc.).  You can download them,
print them, and when you cut them out, you can fold and glue them so that
they will be 3-dimensional structures.

 <A HREF="http://euphoria.benjerry.com/fun/index.html">Ice Cream - Ben &
Jerry's Fun Stuff

</A>***Warning:  Prolonged viewing of the Victorian house may result in Acute
Cuteness Syndrome (ACS).  Symptoms may include excessive smiling, a sudden
fixation on doily related craft projects, or a sudden, inexplicable urge to
make potpourri.  Extreme cases may involve trips to various craft stores,
accompanied by a rapid depletion of financial resources due to an insatiable
need to stockpile craft beads, ribbon, assorted little wood things, and/or
various colors of fabric paint.

If the victim presents with a desire to impersonate Martha Stewart or
Christopher Lowell, seek medical attention immediately.  MS/CL detoxification
should only be administered by trained medical professionals.

End 'o' message -- have a great day all,
Betty Spaghetti