C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 00:22:15 -0400
From: "Betty B" <[log in to unmask]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.c-palsy
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: AOL IM and ICQ list (was CP List or AoL Chit Room)

> Steve, when you say "I and some others," we don't know who the others
are,
> and if they don't say something directly, they can't effect change.
It's
> also unfair for them to expect you to speak on their behalf.
Moreover,
> therein lies a clique, no?  And in all honesty, you have now
advertised that
> you are part of that clique.

This is a leap in logic, besides my intended point.  The "others" to
whom I referred made their positions known on List at one time or
another.  My post was sufficient in itself.  No vote or poll of others
was taken.  My statement was as representational or not as anyone's
opinion.  Those opinions which reflected mine suggest openness, variety,
fairness, balance, and inclusion.  Hardly what a clique is about.

By the way Betty, who are the "we" in your statement?  I am not part of
an off list cabal or purge of Paige or Rayna. No negative campaign.
What's the worse that happens anyway?  Betty?   Hellooooo.  You took a
phrase of mine and chose to make an issue where there's no basis.  A bad
hair day or what?  You refer to a past matter in which you did not take
a  direct role, and suggest I'm doing something I'm not doing.

There's nothing I've said that indicates I want Paige or Rayna to leave.
I want them to stay.  Why you or they think otherwise eludes me.  What I
wrote elicited excellent responses, triggered good suggestions.  People
have come forward Betty.  See.  You got what you asked for.  Much to my
happiness, so did I.

Steve

S.