C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 19:57:52 -0700
monday at commission, our new vice chair got on somebody because they used "disabled housing" instead of housing for people with disabilities.......... she said, "i don't know what disabled housing looks like".   sigh............

I thought of my poem, "the cerebral palsy lady", and wondered what she would say about that.
and about the local comic who says; oh oh i see wheelchair girl, when he sees me.
it's truly insane, and sigh................ and i knew it had gone overboard when i was reading the disability studies listserv, and, this professor was saying the expression;
"Stand your ground" was hurtful to folks who can't stand,,,,,,,,,, GMAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.com/TamarMag*
Tamar Mag Raine