C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:00:13 -0600
Friends,

This is a copy of a message that I posted a couple of days ago on another
listserv I belong to, it has generated some e-mail and helpful materials.  I
thought I would pass the request for information here also, and see what I
can receive.

I don't know if any of you might be of assistance here, but I thought it
would be worth a shot in asking.  I have a friend who I have known forever
(since I was the age of 2), and she also has Cerebral Palsy, but is able to
both walk and communicate.  A couple of years ago, she met a guy and got
pregnant, so they decided to get married, maybe for the best interest of
their daughter (they're Catholic, so religion probably played a role in the
decision).  I don't know if he has any disabilities himself (besides some
learning disabilities).  They had their daughter, and she is a lovely girl
(and loves gifts from Anthony), but shortly after they got married, the guy
began treating my friend like garbage, and says it's because of her
disability and she is a unfit mother, when I know that little girl loves her
mother with everything she has in her.  Another friend and I were thinking
there might be available materials we could possibly offer this couple to
try to improve their relationship, especially partners with various
disabilities.  We searched on Google, and all we could find were ones with
Islamic ties.

Thanks,

Anthony

Visit my website at  <http://www.anthonyarnold.net> www.anthonyarnold.net