C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:09:26 -0500
i wading into this agreeing somewhat with both sides.

betty is right, a disabled person who feels like sakipping an appointment
should have had an attendant that called and said "she's under the weather
and will need to call back fdor a reschedule. to force her to go at that
time was kidnapping and should be treated as such. i also aggree that since
it is a disabled person and her attendant, society will not treat it as
kidnapping (wrong) but they will not.

   on the otherhand, (she had warts, sorry...) the next thing should have
been calling the agency and firing the attendant, not to try to cause auto
accident, killing herself the driver (who might very well deserve it), and
maybe some mother and child (maybe another disabled person going where they
did want to go). remember, she said nothing about feeling threatened, she
was trying to kill herself, not defend herself. the last action threatened
people not involved.