C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 02:09:29 -0800
Gary,
I couldn't agree more.  I didn't think the joker was funny. At all. It
seemed to be missing the point. in any case, i am happy to have you here to
discuss things with. I'll write you privately later as I'd like to meet you
for coffee/pie/juice smoothies.

Mag

Tamar Magenta Raine

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities

an african american male in this country .. do you know that it was safer
for a young african american male 16-25  to be in the armed forces then to
be in the streets in america .THAT IS SICK
> do you know that more african american undercover policeman get shoot
more times than any other group of police officers in the field .. THAT IS
SICK
> do you know that the average african american male dies ten to fifteen
years earlyier than any other group in this country
> if your a black disabled male its 20 years
>
> we just have to come to the truth and be real about this
> until  america gives african america true economic power and freedom
> until america gives african americans true political freedom
> we will be going around in circles over and over again
> yes for those left wingers we have become a better nation but the kobe
bryant, o.j. simpson, micheal jackson, the murder of micheal jordens
father, the murder of bil cosby's son
> have we truly become one nation under GOD or just one nation with the
most money wins ? i think its the later and micheal might get off again ..
do i think its fair NO
> do i think its right NO
> what happen three years ago in the 2000 fla national election was a
complete disgrace when thousands of african american voters were denied the
right to vote
> when thousands of disabled voters were denied their right to vote.
> nobody lifted a finger to help these people . very few ccomplained about
it so you tell me what happen ? now is this a level playing field ? NO
> let me ask you all this, do you believe if the rodney king trail did not
happen two years earlier would with the not guilty verdict for those four
police officers would o.j. be free today  NO
> the rodney king trial tainted the o.j. trail the answer is very easy NO
> america was so scared that if they found o.j. guilty this country would
have gone up in smoke. do you notice how the whole country stop when the
jury came back with the verdict. did you notice that most african americans
cheered while white americans were in anger and cryed why this trail should
the ccomplete division of this country along racial lines  i could not talk
about this case with some of my white friends because in their minds this
man was a killer so dont tell me that the kobe bryant case, the micheal
jackson case the same thing will happen all over again, most whites will
see it one way most african american will see it the other , the iowa state
football players rape case against two white females
> if this is not about race, if you truly believe this then you are truly
blind and do not know the history of american racism . this country thrives
on stuff like this we should ignore it completely and go about our lives ..
when this person made a joke on this web site it was a joke about african
americans in my mind and i did not like it .. it was a personal attack on
my culture. he may not have thought so but it was
> that is way i responded the way i did .. its not funny nor is it right
> i dont like clinton jokes
> i dont like o.j. jokes
> i dont like rush limbaugh jokes
> i dont like kobe bryant jokes
> one should not make fun at somebody elses problems
> being disabled i thought many of you would understand that and be more
respectful.
> think about this
> how many parties on american college campus were white frat. boys have
there way with girls then go to trail .. not many, and how many get front
page news, not many
> how many child abusers in the burbs,  get front page news, not many
> this is why it upset me so much because it just showed to me the lack of
cultural sensitivity
> i do not want to talk about this any longer because its not going to make
it better . i just wanted people to think about making statements on a
public form like that