C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 08:40:57 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/2007 6:12:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

If  anyone is interested we (meaning Child Protection Project
www.childpro.org  ) had a rather amazing news story on Hannity's
America. You can access it  by going to the front page of the web site
and clicking by Flora's picture  and then scroll half way down the Fox
News page to see the stories. It's  about 7 minutes of video on the
first one and 5 on the second.
It's a pretty disquieting piece on polygamy. Nothing to do with CP
but  makes you thankful you weren't born into this cult.

All  the best,

Linda

Linda,
I didn't know you worked for a child protection agency. Anyway, I recall
reading a similar article about 15 years ago where some older females escaped
from the same organization, but one found out she had terminal cancer and  had
no other alternative but to return. Unfortunately as the story goes, her
daughter's couldn't be adopted by her sister on the outside who wanted them. The
religious organization demanded that the dying woman hand over custody of her
children to them. I never knew what happened because I never saw a second
story.  It was a sad story...is there a way to help fight this tragedy that
appears to  continue even today? I think I live close to you in PA.
Cindy